PHYSICAL VS. CHEMICAL PROPERTIES & CHANGES 2
Part 1 - Indicate whether each of the following describes a chemical or a physical property.
1. Sulfur is a bright yellow solid.
2. Sulfur has a low melting point.
3. Sulfur causes silver to tarnish.
4. Aluminum is very malleable.
5. Monuments made of copper corrode in acid rain.
6. Copper is a good conductor of electricity.
Part 2 - Classify the following as chemical or physical properties.
7. color 14. solubility
8. reactivity 15. expansion
9. flammability 16. melting point
10. odor 17. rusting
11. porosity 18. reacts with oxygen
12. stability 19. density
13. ductility 20. conductivity
Part 3 - Indicate whether these changes are chemical, physical, or nuclear.
21. Lead reacts with acid in a car battery. 31. burning of gasoline
22. Gasoline burns in a car engine. 32. liquefying oxygen
23. Frost forms on a car window. 33. digestion of food
24. Formation of plutonium from uranium. 34. tarnishing of silver
25. Formation of clouds from water vapor. 35. magnetizing steel
26. formation of dew on grass 36. reacting sodium and water
27. melting of ice cream 37. dissolving sugar in water
28. exploding of dynamite 38. burning sugar to produce carbon
29. fission of uranium 39. decay of radon to lead
30. sublimation of moth balls 40. fusion of hydrogen into helium