UNITS 11 & 12 TEST
PART 1 – Answer the following questions concerning the phase diagram below.
1. What is the critical temperature of this substance?
2. What is the normal boiling point of the substance?
3. What are the temperature and pressure at the triple point?
4. What state(s) of matter are present at…
(A) 34 oC and 2.50 atm of pressure (B) 10 oC and 0.75 atm of pressure
(C) 20 oC and 1.00 atm of pressure (D) 30 oC and 1.75 atm of pressure
0 10 12 20 33
PART 2 – Answer the following questions. Don’t forget units with your answer!
10. At what temperature does 10 grams of SO2 dissolved in 100 grams of water form a saturated solution?
11. How many grams of NH3 will dissolve in 200 grams of water at 50 oC?
12. How many grams of solid precipitate will form
when a saturated solution of KCl is cooled from 80 oC to
13. How many grams of KClO3 will dissolve in 200 grams of water at 90 oC?
14. How many grams of precipitate will form when a saturated solution of NH4Cl at 70 oC is cooled to 30 oC?
15. How many grams of SO2 will dissolve in 100 grams of water at 30 oC?
16. If 65 grams of HCl
are dissolved in 100 grams of water at 20 oC,
is the solution saturated, unsaturated, or
PART 3 – Solve the following problems. Make sure you show your work!
17. What is the molarity
of a solution that contains 350. grams
of aluminum sulfate [Al2(SO4)3] in 550. mL of
18. I need to make 395 mL
of a 3.5 M solution of H3PO4. What volume of concentrated 12 M H3PO4
do I need to
dilute to make this solution?
19. How many Joules of heat are required to change 35.7 grams of water vapor at 105.3 oC to 114.8 oC?
20. How many Joules of heat are needed to melt a 14.7 gram ice cube to liquid water at 0.00 oC?
PART 4 – Write the solubility [(s) or (aq)] next to each of the products of the equation. Then write the net ionic equation (including (aq) and (s) symbols!)
21. ___ Ca(NO3)2 (aq) + ___ Na2CO3 (aq) à ___ NaNO3 ( ) + ___ CaCO3 ( )
NET IONIC EQN:
22. ___ K3PO4 (aq) + ___ Mg(C2H3O2)2 (aq) à ___ KC2H3O2 ( ) + ___ Mg3(PO4)2 ( )
NET IONIC EQN: